- “@FatherTim: Prayers for Bp. Shaw who is undergoing emergency surgery for a brain tumor right now. #diomass” - Joining in from RI 2 days ago
- Survey of 12,000 studies finds strong agreement on climate change - 97.2% in support. 2.8% reject it. arstechnica.com/science/2013/0… 2 days ago
- Azaleas have bloomed! http://t.co/cTHE4jW5yL 3 days ago
- It Doesn't Matter If We Never Run Out of Oil: We Won't Want to Burn It Anymore feedproxy.google.com/~r/AtlanticSci… 6 days ago
- Karen (@kmknisely) started her new job today and I'm just about done with the laundry. An excellent day off so far. 6 days ago
Category Archives: Travel
In 2003 my brothers, father and I began a series of tromps around western Europe. The excuse was that my brothers were both living in Europe at the time. My middle brother was planting a church in Poitiers in France … Continue reading
We took what will probably be the last hike of the season this morning. We got to the base of Piestewa Peak park about 7:30 AM, just in time to not find a parking space. After parking a ways down … Continue reading
A small group of serious hikers decided to head east out of Phoenix today to the base of Superstition Mountains, just outside of Apache Junction. We took about four hours to cover the nine miles of the relatively flat hike … Continue reading
We had a brief ceremony on Sunday following the 11 AM service. The Cathedral congregation has adopted the Light Rail station at Roosevelt St. and Central Ave. – the one right across from the Cathedral itself. You can see all … Continue reading
Spent a little time this afternoon working up our appetites. Gorgeous day for a ramble. Dogs seemed to like it too. Grin.
Stewardship season is soon upon those of us who serve in parochial settings. As such I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the proper relationship I should have to my “stuff”. And given the pile of old furniture that, as … Continue reading
Thanks to Jerry for letting me sit in his seats today.
It’s reasonably well known that crowded urban environments create enough stress that physical and mental performance declines in biological species. (I remember a reading about a study done on rats years ago that showed that at a certain level of … Continue reading
Typical day in Phoenix. Climb Camelback at dawn. Get home in time to walk over and see the Fiesta Bowl Parade. (Texas marching band pick included.) And then be surprised by the Fist of Vader Imperial Storm Troopers drill team. … Continue reading